Welcome to Pigskins & Pigtails
September Virtual Class
Screen Printing 2-Color T-shirts
I can't wait to meet you virtually! I'm so passionate about screen printing with vinyl and love sharing all of my tips and tricks.
Below is everything you need to know to prepare for the event.
SEPTEMBER 17 AT 3PM CST VIA ZOOM
Supplies You Will Need
Screen Printing Supplies
You can purchase this Screen Printing with Craft Vinyl Kit. It includes all of the main supplies you will need for this project – except for the ink. You can also get the supplies individually. Here are the supplies and brands I recommend:
- (2) 10″x14″ Screen Printing Frame (or larger) – You need to have 2 screens to work with during this class.
- 8″ or 9″ Squeegee – You can use the 8″ squeegee that comes in this kit OR this is my favorite 9″ squeegee
- 2 Pieces of Oracal 651 Vinyl
- Transfer Tape
- Speedball Fabric Ink – Black and Orange
- Craft Stick or Spoon to scoop ink
- Parchment Paper
Additional Supplies Needed:
In addition to the screen printing supplies, you will need the following:
- Blank t-shirts and/or blank tote bags: We will be using black and orange ink so choose a color where the ink will show up. I don't recommend using a dark color fabric. I used Bella+Canvas 3001c in Natural color. This website has great prices on all of your favorite brands, plus super fast shipping!
- Painter's Tape
- Coding / Dot Stickers (these can be found in office supply stores or Amazon). You will need the standard 3/4″ size.
- Heat Gun or Hair Dryer
- Vinyl Cutter (Cricut, Silhouette, or any brand will work!)
- Iron, EasyPress or Heat Press. You won't be using this during the class, but you will need to heat press or iron after your ink dries.
- Spooky Season SVG – You will receive an email with the download soon
Frequently Asked Questions
How do we login to the event?
You will receive a confirmation email when you register. This email includes the Zoom meeting link. If you don't receive the email, it's your responsibility to reach out to me. You can contact me here.
What do I need to have prepared before the event?
There are 2 things you need to do to prepare for the live event:
- Gather all of the supplies outlined above.
- Cut and weed the provided design. You'll receive an email with more details on how to cut the file.
Please do these 2 things before the event, so we can jump right into the screen printing process and finish the project during the our live. If you have any questions about these steps, contact me here.
What if I can't make it at the last minute?
Your enrollment in this Craft Night will include a Zoom replay. If you can't make it live, you can watch the replay anytime. If you have questions that aren't answered in the live, I still want to help you! You can contact me anytime.
Will I really learn how to screen print in this 2 hour session?
I have taught thousands of people how to screen print during my in-person trainings. I'm excited to offer this virtual experience with the same goal in mind – to teach you all of the basics to start screen printing successfully! I have found that jumping in and working through a project from start to finish is a great way to learn. To get the most out of this experience, I encourage you to follow along using the recommended supplies and ask questions!
If you aren't following me on social media, join me for more project ideas and screen printing tips.