Welcome to Pigskins & Pigtails
November Virtual Class
Screen Printing Coloring Table Covers
I can't wait to craft with you virtually! Below is everything you need to know to prepare for the event.
NOVEMBER 19 AT 3PM CST VIA ZOOM
Supplies You Will Need
Screen Printing Kit
If you are new to screen printing, this Screen Printing with Craft Vinyl Kit is a great way to get started with all the basic supplies. It includes everything you need for this class except for painter's tape and butcher paper.
This kit can be found in most Hobby Lobby stores as well as various other craft stores.
You can also get the supplies individually. Here are the supplies and brands I recommend:
- 10″x14″ Screen Printing Frame
- 8″ to 9″ Squeegee – You can use the Red Baron squeegee that comes in this kit OR this is my favorite 8″ squeegee
- Black Speedball Acrylic Ink or Black Speedball Fabric Ink (Get fabric ink if you plan to print on t-shirts. Fabric ink works on paper too!)
- 1 Piece of Oracal 651 Vinyl
- Transfer Tape
- Painter's Tape
- Roll of Butcher Paper or similar paper (I found a roll at Walmart, but have also seen them at Dollar Tree. Any size will work. Choose what is best for the table you plan to cover.
- Craft Stick or Spoon to scoop ink
- Turkey SVG (This will be sent to your email address. Let me know if you do not receive it.)
Let's Get Creative!
Don't want to make a coloring table cover? You can follow along and screen print on a t-shirt, tote bag, or any other material. T-shirts and tote bags can be colored using fabric markers.
If you plan to screen print on a t-shirt, be sure to use Speedball fabric ink. This ink becomes permanent on garments after it is heat set, allowing you to wash the shirt without the ink fading.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do we login to the event?
You will receive a confirmation email when you register. This email includes the Zoom meeting link. If you don't receive the email, it's your responsibility to reach out to me. You can contact me here.
What do I need to have prepared before the event?
There are 2 things you need to do to prepare for the live event:
- Gather all of the supplies outlined above.
- Cut and weed the provided design. You'll receive an email with more details on how to cut the file.
Please do these 2 things before the event, so we can jump right into the screen printing process and finish the project during the our live. If you have any questions about these steps, contact me here.
What if I can't make it at the last minute?
Your enrollment in this virtual class will include a Zoom replay. If you can't make it live, you can watch the replay anytime. If you have questions that aren't answered in the live, I still want to help you! You can contact me anytime.
Will I really learn how to screen print in this 1.5 hour session?
I have taught thousands of people how to screen print during my in-person trainings. I'm excited to offer this virtual experience with the same goal in mind – to teach you all of the basics to start screen printing successfully! I have found that jumping in and working through a project from start to finish is a great way to learn. To get the most out of this experience, I encourage you to follow along using the recommended supplies and ask questions!
If you aren't following me on social media, join me for more project ideas and screen printing tips.