Welcome to Craft Night Live
Screen Printing Watermelon Pocket Hangers
I can't wait to craft with you virtually! I'm so passionate about screen printing with vinyl and I can't wait to teach you as we make a project together.
Below is everything you need to know to prepare for the event.
June 20 at 7pm CST via Zoom
Supplies You Will Need
Screen Printing Supplies
You can purchase this Screen Printing with Craft Vinyl Kit. It includes all of the screen printing supplies you will need for this project. You can also get the supplies individually. Here are the supplies and brands I recommend:
Additional Supplies Needed:
In addition to the screen printing supplies, you will need the following to complete this Watermelon Pocket Hanger:
- Pink Cotton Fabric – You will need 14″x16″ to make one project but I highly recommend purchasing 1 yard so you have extra fabric to practice screen printing.
- Green Cotton Fabric (14″x14″)
- 12″ Embroidery Hoop
- 2.5″ Wired Ribbon (for the bow)
- Painter's Tape
- Glue Gun or Super Glue
- Vinyl Cutter (Cricut, Silhouette, or any brand will work!)
- Sweet Summer Time SVG (see below)
Extra (Optional) Supplies
These are not required to complete the project but are helpful to have on-hand:
- 1 Sheet Parchment Paper or Newspaper to Cover Workspace
- Ruler and Fabric Scissors to Cut Fabric to Size
- Baby Wipes or Paper Towels to Clean Up
- Iron or Heat Press to iron any wrinkles in fabric
- 14″ Circle Pattern (free download)
Frequently Asked Questions
How do we login to the event?
You will receive the Zoom link 1 week before the event via email. If you don't receive the email, it's your responsibility to reach out to me. You can contact me here.
What do I need to have prepared before the event?
There are 3 things you need to do to prepare for the live event:
- Gather all of the supplies outlined above.
- Cut the Sweet Summer Time SVG at 10″ wide by 5.15″ tall. Don't forget to mirror the cut! I'll explain why this is important during the event.
- Print the 14″ circle template. If you don't have access to a printer, that's okay, I'll give you an alternative way to cut the circle during the live.
Please do these 3 things before the event, so we can jump right into the screen printing process and finish the project during the our live. If you have any questions about these steps, contact me here.
What if I can't make it at the last minute?
Your enrollment in this Craft Night will include a Zoom replay. If you can't make it live, you can watch the replay anytime. If you have questions that aren't answered in the live, I still want to help you! You can contact me anytime.
Will I really learn how to screen print in this 2 hour session?
I have taught thousands of people how to screen print during my in-person trainings. I'm excited to offer this virtual experience with the same goal in mind – to teach you all of the basics to start screen printing successfully! I have found that jumping in and working through a project from start to finish is a great way to learn. To get the most out of this experience, I encourage you to follow along using the recommended supplies and ask questions!
If you aren't following me on social media, join me for more project ideas and screen printing tips.