Welcome to Pigskins & Pigtails
January 2024 Virtual Class
Screen Printing 1-Color T-shirts
I can't wait to craft with you virtually! I'm so passionate about screen printing with vinyl and I can't wait to teach you as we make a project together.
Below is everything you need to know to prepare for the event.
JANUARY 14 AT 3PM CST VIA ZOOM
Supplies You Will Need
Screen Printing Supplies
You can also get the supplies individually. Here are the supplies and brands I recommend:
- 10″x14″ Screen Printing Frame (or larger)
- 8″ Squeegee (additional details about squeegee options will be sent by email)
- 1 Piece of Oracal 651 Vinyl
- Transfer Tape
- Speedball Fabric Ink – Black
- Craft Stick or Spoon to scoop ink
- Parchment Paper
* The Screen Printing with Craft Vinyl Deluxe Kit includes an upgraded squeegee but it does not include black fabric ink. You can use another color included in the kit or purchase black in separately.
Additional Supplies Needed:
In addition to the screen printing supplies, you will need the following:
- Blank t-shirts and/or blank tote bags: We will be using black ink so choose a color where the ink will show up. Get a few extra to practice! This website has great prices on all of your favorite brands, plus super fast shipping!
- Painter's Tape
- Vinyl Cutter (Cricut, Silhouette, or any brand will work!) You won't need access to your machine during class. You will receive instructions about cutting the vinyl prior to class starting.
- Iron, EasyPress or Heat Press. You won't be using this during the class, but you will need to heat press or iron after your ink dries.
- “In My Screen Printing Era” SVG (sent by email)
Frequently Asked Questions
How do we login to the event?
You will receive an email with the Zoom link prior to the event. If you don't receive the email, it's your responsibility to reach out to me. You can contact me here.
How do we get the SVG?
You will receive an email with the included SVG design file along with instructions on how to size and cut the vinyl before class starts. If you don't receive the email, it's your responsibility to reach out to me. You can contact me here.
What do I need to have prepared before the event?
There are 2 things you need to do to prepare for the live event:
- Gather all of the supplies outlined above.
- Cut and weed the provided design on Oracal 651 vinyl at 8″ wide by 12.5″ tall. You will notice a .75″ circle included in the design file. You want this circle included in the cut. I'll be showing you how to use my “Dot Trick” to line up the screen on your shirts easily.
Please do these 2 things before the event, so we can jump right into the screen printing process and finish the project during the our live. If you have any questions about these steps, contact me here.
What if I can't make it at the last minute?
Your enrollment in this virtual class will include a Zoom replay. If you can't make it live, you can follow along with the replay anytime. If you have questions that aren't answered in the live, I still want to help you! You can contact me anytime.
Will I really learn how to screen print in this 2 hour session?
I have taught thousands of people how to screen print during my in-person trainings. I'm excited to offer this virtual experience with the same goal in mind – to teach you all of the basics to start screen printing successfully! I have found that jumping in and working through a project from start to finish is a great way to learn. To get the most out of this experience, I encourage you to follow along using the recommended supplies and ask questions!
If you aren't following me on social media, join me for more project ideas and screen printing tips.