Welcome to Pigskins & Pigtails
February Virtual Class
Screen Printing 2-Color Designs
I can't wait to craft with you virtually! Below is everything you need to know to prepare for the class.
FEBRUARY 4th AT 3PM CST VIA ZOOM
Supplies You Will Need
Screen Printing Supplies
If you don't have any screen printing supplies, this Screen Printing with Craft Vinyl Kit is a great way to get started with the basics. It includes all of the main supplies you will need for this project – except for the blank t-shirts.
You can also get the supplies individually. Here are the supplies and brands I recommend:
- (2) 10″x14″ Screen Printing Frames You will need 2 screens in order to complete this project during the live class.
- 9″ Squeegee – You can use the Red Baron squeegee that comes in either screen printing kit OR this is a good starter squeegee.
- (2) Colors of Speedball Fabric Ink
- (2) 12×12 sheets of Oracal 651 Vinyl
- Transfer Tape
- Painter's Tape
- Parchment Paper (1 sheet for each t-shirt you plan to print)
- Craft Stick or Spoon to scoop ink
- Blank T-shirts or Scrap Fabric. I encourage you to print more than one shirt during class. This will allow you to practice and ask questions.
- “XOXO Happy Heart” SVG (This will be sent to your email address. Let me know if you do not receive it.)
Frequently Asked Questions
How do we login to the event?
You will receive a Zoom link email 2-3 days before class. If you don't receive the email, it's your responsibility to reach out to me. You can contact me here.
What do I need to have prepared before the event?
There are 2 things you need to do to prepare for the live event:
- Gather all of the supplies outlined above.
- Cut and weed the provided design. You'll receive an email with more details on how to cut the file.
Please do these 2 things before the event, so we can jump right into the screen printing process and finish the project during the our live. If you have any questions about these steps, contact me here.
What if I can't make it at the last minute?
Your enrollment in this Craft Night will include a Zoom replay. If you can't make it live, you can watch the replay anytime. If you have questions that aren't answered in the live, I still want to help you! You can contact me anytime.
Will I really learn how to screen print in this 1.5 hour session?
I have taught thousands of people how to screen print during my in-person trainings. I'm excited to offer this virtual experience with the same goal in mind – to teach you all of the basics to start screen printing successfully! I have found that jumping in and working through a project from start to finish is a great way to learn. To get the most out of this experience, I encourage you to follow along using the recommended supplies and ask questions!
If you aren't following me on social media, join me for more project ideas and screen printing tips.