Welcome to Pigskins & Pigtails
August Virtual Class
Screen Printing 1-Color T-shirts and Tote Bags
I can't wait to craft with you virtually! I'm so passionate about screen printing with vinyl and I can't wait to teach you as we make a project together.
Below is everything you need to know to prepare for the event.
AUGUST 20 AT 3PM CST VIA ZOOM
Supplies You Will Need
Screen Printing Supplies
You can purchase this Screen Printing with Craft Vinyl Kit. It includes all of the screen printing supplies you will need for this project. You can also get the supplies individually. Here are the supplies and brands I recommend:
Additional Supplies Needed:
In addition to the screen printing supplies, you will need the following:
- Blank t-shirts and/or blank tote bags: We will be using black ink so choose a color where the ink will show up. The examples pictures are Bella+Canvas Leaf Green and Port Authority Cotton Tote in Natural/Deep Black. Get a few extra to practice! This website has great prices on all of your favorite brands, plus super fast shipping!
- Painter's Tape
- Coding / Dot Stickers (these can be found in office supply stores or Amazon). You will need the standard 3/4″ size.
- Vinyl Cutter (Cricut, Silhouette, or any brand will work!)
- Iron, EasyPress or Heat Press. You won't be using this during the class, but you will need to heat press or iron after your ink dries.
- MAKE SVG (see below)
Download the SVG file and upload to Design Space (or whatever software you use to cut vinyl). Make sure the design is sized to 8 in by 12.5 in.
Add a square shape and size it just larger than the design. Send the shape to the background.
Select both the design and the background shape. Click the “attach” button. This will ensure the entire project cuts together.
Click “Make it” and be sure to mirror the design. You are cutting on vinyl so choose the appropriate cut settings.
Weed your cut vinyl. You want to remove the parts of the vinyl where the ink will go through. Your vinyl should look like this photo when you have weeded it correctly.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do we login to the event?
You will receive a confirmation email when you register. This email includes the Zoom meeting link. If you don't receive the email, it's your responsibility to reach out to me. You can contact me here.
What do I need to have prepared before the event?
There are 2 things you need to do to prepare for the live event:
- Gather all of the supplies outlined above.
- Cut and weed the provided design on Oracal 651 vinyl at 8″ wide by 12.5″ tall. You will notice a .75″ circle included in the design file. You want this circle included in the cut. I'll be showing you how to use my “Dot Trick” to line up the screen on your shirts easily.
Please do these 2 things before the event, so we can jump right into the screen printing process and finish the project during the our live. If you have any questions about these steps, contact me here.
What if I can't make it at the last minute?
Your enrollment in this Craft Night will include a Zoom replay. If you can't make it live, you can watch the replay anytime. If you have questions that aren't answered in the live, I still want to help you! You can contact me anytime.
Will I really learn how to screen print in this 2 hour session?
I have taught thousands of people how to screen print during my in-person trainings. I'm excited to offer this virtual experience with the same goal in mind – to teach you all of the basics to start screen printing successfully! I have found that jumping in and working through a project from start to finish is a great way to learn. To get the most out of this experience, I encourage you to follow along using the recommended supplies and ask questions!
If you aren't following me on social media, join me for more project ideas and screen printing tips.