This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
If you are looking for creative activities to do with your kids at home, this tutorial uses basic Cricut materials and basic art supplies we had at home. No trips to the craft store for this project!
I used my screen printing with vinyl method to print geometric rabbits for my daughter to color. The great thing about screen printing is that you can print on so many mediums. Grab some of your extra card stock, printer paper, poster board, or canvas boards and turn them into coloring pages. We experimented with various supplies we had on hand. Markers and watercolors were my daughter’s favorites.
Cricut Supplies Used
- Cricut Maker
- Cricut Permanent Vinyl
- Cricut Brayer Tool and Weeding Tool
- Geometric Rabbit Design from Cricut Access
Other Supplies We Had at Home
- Paper, Card Stock, Construction Paper, Poster Board, Canvas Board
- Crayons, Markers, Colored Pencils, Watercolors
- Speedball Acrylic Screen Printing Ink
- Transfer Tape
- Speedball Screen Printing Hinge Frame
- Painter’s Tape
- Masking Tape
This video is sponsored by Cricut. The project ideas and opinions are all mine.
How to Screen Print with Vinyl
If you are a Cricut crafter, you can screen print at home! Learn how to get started screen printing with your Cricut here.
Tips for Screen Printing on Paper, Card Stock, Poster Board, and Canvas
- I use Speedball Acrylic Ink when screen printing on paper. The ink dries quickly and is permanent – with no need to heat set.
- Create some off-contact space to prevent bleeding during the screen printing process. You’ll see in the video I used plastic poker chips taped to my base. You can also use quarters. This extra space between the screen and paper allows the screen to pop back up after you squeegee over.
- Once the ink dried, we were able to paint over the lines with watercolors without the ink bleeding!
- Cricut is offering tons of new, free designs to use within Cricut Design Space. These ready-made designs and graphics make it easy to get started on your project right away.