It’s time to make your Thanksgiving Day turkey shirts and I’ve got a new SVG turkey design to work with! Add in your own monogram for a personalized touch.
This process video shows how I used one vinyl stencil to screen print the turkey in brown on both shirts. After the ink was dry to the touch (about 30 minutes), I added the monograms in red. I used registration marks to perfectly align the layers. You can read more about how to setup registration marks in Cricut Design Space here.
Since the monogram didn’t take up much room on the screen, I was able to get both monograms on one screen. Just be careful not to get ink from the first print on your next shirt!
Supplies Used in this Tutorial
- Oracal 651 Vinyl – any color
- Speedball Screen Printing Frame 10×14 (I used 2 frames but you can get by with just one, washing between)
- Speedball Fabric Ink
- Painter’s Tape
- Transfer Tape
- Blank T-shirts
- Cricut Maker
- “Turkey Monogram” SVG Design
- Screen Printing Press (optional, but a great tool to have if you love screen printing. I modified mine in this tutorial to work with toddler size shirts.)
- Heat Press, Easy Press 2 or household iron (Learn how to heat set your finished shirt)
If you are looking for my favorite craft supplies to add to your wish list this year, you might like my Cricut Gift Guide for Crafters.