This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Who is ready for all the Christmas books and movies? 🙋🏻♀️ Today I’ve teamed up with Pineapple Paper Co. who has designed this FREE cut file from one of my favorite Christmas stories. With this pre-made design, you can make 2 different projects. If you want to wear the design, learn how to screen print your own t-shirts. If you love crafting with vinyl, make your own ceramic ornament. Either way, you’ll want to download this FREE Polar Express cut file!
How to Screen Print with the SVG File
It was so easy to import this design created by Pineapple Paper Co. into Design Space and cut the vinyl stencil to screen print this shirt. This entire shirt took less than 30 minutes to make!
If you are new to screen printing with vinyl, I have more tutorials, a supply list, and step-by-step guide (with tons of pictures).
Mixing Speedball Fabric Inks
I used one of my new shimmery Speedball ink colors to screen print my Polar Express shirt. It’s the “Crystal” color in my new Holiday Ink Recipe Guide. This recipe guide shares the proportions you need of each ink color to mix 18 new holiday-inspired screen printing inks. You can mix a smaller quantity to make a few shirts or a larger batch to screen print shirts for your entire team. Holiday Ink Recipe Guide Available Here
- Download “The Bell Still Rings for Me” cut file below.
- Import the design into Design Space using the “Import” button.
- Size your design for your t-shirt.
- Add a box around the design to make weeding easier.
- Cut your design on Oracal 651 Vinyl with the mirror option ON.
- Weed the parts of the design that you want to appear in ink on the shirt.
- Transfer the vinyl to your Speedball Screen Printing Frame 10×14. I have found that this Transfer Tape works the best.
- Align the screen on your t-shirt.
- Squeegee Speedball Fabric Ink over the design. I used the Crystal blue color from my holiday mixing guide.
- Lift your screen to reveal your design.
Make a Polar Express Christmas Ornament
If you’re in love with this design, like I am, you can make an oranament too! Pineapple Paper Co. has more instructions on how to use this same cut file to make your own ceramic ornament. Check out her tutorial here.
Wrap your screen printed t-shirt, copy of the Polar Express book or movie, and attach the ornament to the package. It’s the perfect Polar Express themed gift idea!
Ready to Craft? Download the FREE Cut File Now
Want More Christmas Movie-Themed FREE SVGs?
Head over to Pineapple Paper Co. to download all of her Christmas movie inspired Free SVGs: